St. Stephen’s Lutheran Church – In-Person Worship Protocols
Getting closer, and closer—
With Covid-19 cases declining and the Supreme Court’s ruling that California cannot prevent churches from holding in-door services, we are very close to resuming in-person worship services. These are the following guidelines for the safety of all parishioners, while adhering to the guidelines for California:
- Practice social distancing (6 feet apart).
- Please take your own temperature prior to leaving home. If your temperature is not at your normal temperature, please remain at home.
- If in the last 14 days you been in close contact with anyone who has been diagnosed with Covid-19 or In the last 14 days you experienced any new symptoms such as coughing or sore throat; diarrhea or loss of appetite; or loss of taste or smell; or trouble breathing; or if you have an abnormal temperature, please do not attend church in person, but stay home and attend a church service on zoom.
- Enter only through the Narthex doors; exit through back if you wish. Please wait for the folks in back of the sanctuary to exist first at the end of the service.
- There will be no coffee hour until May 9, 2021 (Mother’s Day).
- Masks or appropriate face coverings must be worn at all times, except for children age 2 and under. If you do not have a mask, one will be provided for you.
- Refrain from personal contact with others, such as shaking hands, hugs, or similar greetings that break physical distancing – before, during and after worship service.
- Attendance will be taken at the door.
- We will not pass the offering plates. They will reside near the exit doors.
At this time, attendance is limited to 25% of capacity, which is 50 total persons for the Sanctuary. Here’s what to expect when entering the Sanctuary:
- Hand sanitizer will be available.
- Communion Wafers will be in the pews
- Pews have been marked to allow for social distancing.
- Please allow 6 feet between and fellow parishioners (again, except for family members).
- Singing is still prohibited, but music will continue to be part of the service.
- Please exit row by row, 6 feet apart (except for families).
- There will be no receiving line when you exit.
- When you exit the Sanctuary, please go straight to your car in the parking lot instead of gathering to socialize with others.
We are excited and looking forward to gathering once again in our beloved sanctuary!
In Christ’s Love,